Thursday, December 30, 2010

Final days 29 & 30...

In the past month what have you learned
I have actually learned a great deal about myself this last month; not necessarily from this blog, but from life in general. I have learned to trust my gut instincts. I was presented with an opportunity in November to switch my minor from math to health promotion. I have wavered back-and-forth several times. However, I knew all along within myself what I wanted/needed to do. I just wasn't willing to listen to the promptings, because it was a scary leap of faith to take. I have also learned that I am a much stronger person than I give myself credit for. I often doubt my abilities and rely on other people way too often. NOT ANYMORE!!!! I am going to stand on my own two feet and make things work. I have learned that if I put myself out there I will be rewarded. I have never applied for a scholarship or grants, because I was stubborn and didn't want to ask for a handout. Well, this year I stepped out of my comfort zone once again and applied. To my amazement I received a $300 scholarship several month ago; WOW! So, I applied again this time for a grant...Fall Semester 2010 & Spring Semester 2010...paid for with a Pell Grant!!! I was beside myself, things were starting to fall into place for me. I went online to Weber States web page to see if my Pell Grant had been applied to Spring Semester yet. While on the site I saw I had an e-mail from the financial department at Weber, a bit concerned due to my calculus grade I opened the letter, only to find out that I had been awarded another $300 scholarship!!!! Since a Pell Grant is money they give you that you don't have to pay back I will receive a check for the extra money that isn't needed and I can apply it to Summer Semester 2011!!! I have learned that I am very capable of receiving the help that I need and making my dream of becoming a teacher a reality!

Who are you?
I am a daughter, a sister, a granddaughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend, a strong woman, an educated woman. I am a strong willed individual, who works hard for everything she has. I was raised to be a honest, virtuous, caring, giving, and loving person. I am a girl who is always on time. I am a girl who believes in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. I am a goofy, yet sometimes dorky person. I always sing songs, often ones I have created with random words---an example of one I sing often: "Oh Kari, she's so smelly that is why she married Larry. They have three kids Jerry, Terry, and Mary. While they live in Perry they think it is scary."--my sister hates this by the way!
I am a perfectionist. I sometimes like to think of myself crafty, always trying to sew or create something new. I have a temper that my family unfortunately gets to see too often. I am terrified of water, snakes, and being lonely. I AM ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment