Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 19...

Nicknames you have, why?

I have had many nicknames growing up. Some have stuck with me and others fade quickly (thank goodness!).

* Sam: It kind of goes with my name! I have always been called it and probably always will.

* Sammy: Again, it goes with the name Samantha. I don't get called this very often, in fact I hate to be called. However, there are a select few that still call me it and it does not bother me. Specifically my aunt Leslie, an old primary teacher Karryn, and occasionally my sisters.

* Sambo: Don't ask me why, I have no idea how I got this nickname. My uncle Steven still calls me it and truthfully he is the only one that can. It bothers me when anyone else calls me it!

* Sam-I-Am: My great-aunt Myrtle started to call me this when I visited her. Her husband Don is the only one that continues to call me it!

* Hollywood: When I was a lot younger my aunt Melanie gave me this nickname. I don't know the entire story behind it, except for the fact it went along with a popular movie, "Mannequin". I have not been called this since I was really really little.

Those are just a few of the names I have been called throughout my lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Just catching up....I am loving the blog challenge! I just may have to do it also. Hope you have a great Christmas tell your mom hi for me.

    ReplyDelete