Thursday, July 8, 2010

Absentee...

I am still trying to get the hang of this blog, that includes remembering that I have one and I need to post on it (so I'm sorry for the long post). Things have been pretty busy for me the last few weeks. I started another block of summer classes...I am enjoying it and keeping my fingers crossed that the plan in my head can and will work out.

This plan to finish school required me to quit a job that I absolutley loved and start looking for a new one. I thought I had a job lined up when I quit, but I never heard from the company again (meaning they went with the girl I was up against). Not having a job is really teaching me patience. I have sent so many resumes and applications out, but have only heard from a handful of people. I knew the job market was tough, but not this tough. It seems like everyday I get more frustated and more scared that my schooling is going to be postponed yet again.

In all of this mess I am so grateful for my dad, he knows exactly what to say to calm my nerves everytime! I have been spending a lot of time with him lately (more so then normal). We have been working down at Kacee's house; trying to get her yard just perfect. While working together we have had a lot of heart-to-heart talks. I don't know how he always knows what to say, but I am very lucky to have him in my life.

So, besides stressing I have been working hard on other things. Like I said we have been working down at Kacee's house on her flower gardens. I officially hate shoveling dirt (not that I cared for it before)! Here are some before pictures, they are not up-to-date pictures...she has sod in and flowerbeds wrapped around her house, but they will just show the before and later I will post the after when everything is complete.













I have also been trying to reintroduce fun back into my life. It seems like I am either studying, going to classes, or helping someone in my family. I am not doing a very good job of having fun again, but it is something I'm working on. One of the things I did was went to Riverdale's parade & fireworks on the fourth of July. It was a lot of fun and brought back many memories of when I was younger. My grandpa used to work for Riverdale Fire Department and so my sisters, cousins, and I would ride the fire trucks in the parade and throw candy. Then we would all go to the fireworks in the park while he shot them off.

This year we went to the parade and sat in our usual spot. We didn't go to the carnival, because Kari had to work and we had tickets to see Eclipse (Kari was supposed to come with us, but switched jobs and then no longer had the day off). Then we came home and had a nice dinner cooked outside (food always taste better when cooked outside)! Later that night we parked near convergies and watched the fireworks from our truck. It was perfect weather with good company!

















Since I have been staying busy with school, working down at Kacee's house, and looking for a job I sadley have to admit that I have been slacking on my writing. I have been working on a short story and will hopefully get it posted before the end of the month!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment