Monday, June 14, 2010

Feeling Crafty....

I often find myself with down time that I don't know what to do with; this weekend was one of those times. I should have been studying for my final...but lets be real who wants to do that when I can be doing crafts? I learned how to tie quilts a few years ago from my Grandma Helm. She taught me for one of my young women's projects. It was probably the funnest three weeks I have ever had with her. I admire my grandma a lot; she is an exceptional woman who has been through a lot in her life. I feel like I have a special bond with her, because she taught me this craft. It is even more special to me since I know she learned from her own mother.

I had bought some fabric on Black Friday and I have been dreaming of what to make with it. It hit me one night as I was laying in bed exactly what I wanted to do with my Black Friday find...I am going to try a patchwork quilt. On my bed is a quilt that my Great Grandma made for my parent's wedding gift, it's a patchwork quilt, and the inspiration for my crafting project.

I have never done a patchwork, but have wanted to for a long time. So, I pulled out my sewing machine and got busy making a baby quilt. I have only done a line and a half, but I think it is turning out pretty well for being my first time!













Oh yeah, I did manage to get some studying for my final in too! I will be taking my test tomorrow; I just hope I can remember all of the stories and poems that we read.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment